Thursday 13 December 2012

Gifts from my kitchen

I love giving foodie gifts anytime, whether it is birthdays, religious festivals or weddings. I grew up with food gifts being exchanged at weddings and celebrations. Food celebrates all aspects of life.

People appreciate that you take the time and effort into creating something for them, I love giving, I enjoy the appreciation I get from friends and family when I gift them something that I made.

I decided way back in July that I would make a whole load of my special tamarillo chutney and bottle it to give away in the year. I also set aside a dozen bottles to give away as gifts to those special people who spend everyday teaching and nurturing our children. So I have been busy the last couple of days packaging my gifts and also baking some Christmas shortbread stars. This is my mother in laws shortbread recipe and is so easy to bake, thanks Wendy.

For the shortbread stars

250 g Butter
3/4 Cup icing sugar
1/2 Cup cornflour
2 Cups plain flour
1/4 tsp salt

1. Cream butter and sugar until pale

2. Add cornflour and plain flour and salt, knead well and place in the refrigerator to chill

3. Using half the dough roll out and use a cookie cutter of your choice and cut out the biscuits.

4. Place on baking trays and bake for 20 min in a preheated oven (160)

5. Cool and dust with icing sugar.

Well I hope you have enjoyed reading my blogs so far, I have loved writing them. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I am hoping to blog while we are camping over Christmas.

Enjoy!

Till next time

Ashia



No comments:

Post a Comment