Wednesday 27 February 2013

Zara's Birthday Party

Zara had wanted a butterfly birthday cake, so that is what she got! I love baking but Icing is not my forte. I would love to learn some new techniques, but in the meantime I found this amazing blog by a Canadian woman. Its called Sweetapolita! fabulous! Some great ideas, I got the 3 tone colour idea from her blog. I really enjoyed baking and icing Zara's  cake, it wasn't exactly how I had planned it, but Zara was  happy with it, and that was fine by me. I think sometimes as parents we try too hard, to make everything perfect, but actually, it really doesn't matter, as long as everyone is happy.
I had a  "sweets" table with the Birthday cake, some gorgeous meringues, some lovely cupcakes and gorgeous little red velvet and creme cheese cupcakes courtesy of Victoria Irons (thanks Tori)! The girls enjoyed ice cream and marshmallows as well!


What a fabulous day to have a party outside!  I had booked a surprise face painting artist, so the girls all had butterflies.  Just lovely!


                                                         Gorgeous Cup cakes
The cakes!

Great day had by all, and one very happy 8 year old!

Enjoy!

Till next Time!

Ashia





No comments:

Post a Comment