Tuesday 18 March 2014

Chicken Cakes with ginger & green & red chilli

I made these gorgeous easy chicken cakes, one day last week, when I was pressed for time ( running around for after school activities with the children) it had been a particularly busy day, and I always like to plan ahead. I usually take some sort of meat out of the freezer, either that morning or the night before and then decide what I will be cooking, or think about it during the day, and get stuck in when we get home. Usually with my daughter at the dining table doing her homework.

I had some chicken mince out, and decided to make these delicious, juicy little patties. I served this with a green salad and a tomato and avocado salad and some skin on chunky home made chips.

500g chicken mince ( or use  chicken breast and pulse in a food processor)
1 tsp garlic & ginger mix (I buy a ready made mix from one of the Indian shops and it keeps well in the fridge for a few weeks)
1tsp green chilli & coriander mix ( I use this a lot in my cooking)
1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
You can always add more if you wish
Juice of 1 lemon
50g breadcrumbs
1 tsp fish sauce
2 -3 small potatoes boiled and mashed

1. Pre heat oven to 200 c/ 180 fan

2. In a bowl, add the chicken, ginger & garlic and all the other ingredients, mixing well, you can add a little more bread crumbs to make the texture less wet

3.Mash the boiled potatoes and add to the mixture, combine well and season with salt and pepper. Shape into small patties (approx. 18-20).

4. Place on an oiled baking tray, brush with oil and bake for 10-15 min on each side until golden

Serve as a main meal with chunky homemade chips, aioli or sweet chilli sauce, or make them into bite size pieces  and serve them as appetisers at a dinner party.







Enjoy!

Till next time

Ashia

No comments:

Post a Comment