Friday 15 March 2013

Blueberry Bundt Cakes with Lemon Drizzle

We are off to Waiheke Island to see friends. I decided to make some cakes. I needed them to be moist and travel well. I also had blueberries in the freezer, so it's the same recipe as the strawberry bundts but using blueberries instead. There are so many offers around for blueberries, I just buy them and pop them in the freezer. You can use fresh or frozen, if you are using frozen berries don't let them thaw.

 
The blueberry ones worked really, well i think, they were better than my original strawberry ones, blueberries  work really well in baking, I also make some gorgeous blueberry muffins so look out for that over the next coupe of weeks.



Use baking paper to put under your wire rack to prevent a sticky mess when drizzling the lemon drizzle!


I found a  gorgeous vintage cake slice and some delightful plates when I went to a vintage fair before Christmas, perfect for little cakes, especially if you are serving high tea! Would love to do that one day, I love vintage style tea cups and plates.

 Perfect dainty blueberry bundt cake to go with your afternoon tea.  Nothing like a cup of English breakfast and cake.  Divine!!

 
Enjoy!
 
Till Next time
 
Ashia





No comments:

Post a Comment