Wednesday 27 March 2013

Chocolate and Date Easter Wreath



This year Easter is not in the school holidays and it's a welcome mini break for the children.  It's been a hot start to the year and with lots of changes happening, we are in definite need of some r & r.
My son Adam is playing basketball in the Easter Tournament, and in between that we will be out spending time with friends at the beach and paddling on a SUP and our kayak. And of course the kids will be indulging in an Easter egg or two!

I was completely inspired by the Easter wreath in April's  NZ House & Garden, what a great job guys. I love Manja's photography. Watch out for a special article in June's issue  (coming out in May) You might see someone you know!!!

Inspired by the Easter wreath I decided to create my own version, a date and chocolate scone one, It's the same recipe as my date & cinnamon scones but I added  some choc chips ,  I hope you love it, I do!  It's the perfect gift to take to family and friends for Easter.

 And I wish everyone a happy Easter break. x



3 Cups Plain Flour
6 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
75g Butter
1-11/2 Cups Milk
1 Tbls sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 Cup choc chips

Icing
1/2  of an egg white
2 tsp lemon juice
1Cup Icing sugar

1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl, cut butter into it until the consistency is like bread crumbs
2. Add the sugar and then the cinnamon, dates and choc chips
3. Add the milk and quickly mix into a soft dough
4. Knead a few times on a floured surface and then shape into a log roll (approx 30-35 cm)
5. Cut into 10-12 pieces and arrange on a baking tray, in a circle just touching
6. Bake at 200 for 10-12 min or until golden

Icing
Whisk egg white until frothy, add lemon juice and then the icing sugar, until you have a consistency that you can pour. Cool the wreath and decorate with Easter eggs. Perfect Easter gift.

 
Enjoy!   Till next Time 
 
Ashia xx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment